Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Oh, the mundanity

Today? The definite highlight was my soccer game!

My soccer team is all girls, with a ridiculous amount of players. I felt quite guilty though, our team has 21 players (enough for 2 teams), while our opponents didn’t have a single sub.

They played well, but we won 8-0. I scored one of those goals!

In my ‘quick thinking’ during the game, I called to a player on my team to “watch the short one”, as in, watch out because that player is going to make a short pass to their team mate. Another girl on the other team looked at me with a deathly glare in her eyes and said, “Look, I’m not deaf, I can tell that you’re talking about me.” I apologized profusely, and told her I definitely didn’t mean to insult her height! Besides, I am rather height challenged myself.

After studying my biology book long and hard, I know far more about bacteria, parasites, and other deadly organisms, than I ever wanted to know.

I could really use a back rub right now, but unfortunately no one is able (or willing…) to give me one.

Song of the Day:

I can’t get enough of that song! I almost die of ecstasy every time we sing it at church :)


Quotes of the Day: Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

--Oscar Wilde

“You can’t just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.” “What mood is that?” “Last minute panic”

- - Calvin and Hobbes, by Bill Watterson.

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

- Romans 12:11-12



I am trying to think of some sort of either witty, profound, or heart-wrenching posts for your enjoyment. No guarantees...

But I guess that's all from me, for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes :)

Reality continues to ruin my life. ~ Calvin and Hobbes

"Sometimes, Piglet, people like each other people just a little too much. And that's called love" ~ Winnie the Pooh

"Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film." -Steven Wright

"The sun will freeze and the moon will shatter, and shame will curdle the sea.
For youth is when things that do not matter,
matter terribly"